Miss Adri's Hood: ALLO VÉLO

Last weekend, Miss Adri invited me around her hood to check out a new coffee shop called ALLO VÉLO. It is a boutique+cafe where you can buy bicycles imported from Amsterdam! They opened just a month ago and they seem to be doing pretty well with their bike sales/repairs! The owners were very friendly and chatted with us about their bikes, the concept and even recommended us photo-worthy places  :-) 
 

Since we haven't seen each other in a while, we exchanged the recent happenings in our lives and we came to the conclusion that Adrienne was a total hipster by coincidence:

- Carries DSLR with you at all times (check)
- Dislikes being branded a hipster (check)
- Wears glasses and goes thrifting in actual THRIFT stores (check)
- Likes to hang out in coffee shops (check)
- Has an artsy degree (check)
- Works for a graphic design firm in the old port (CHECK CHECK CHECKKKKK)

TOO-COOL-FOR-ME

Address: 5165 Rue Notre-Dame Ouest, Montreal, QC H4C 1T4
Monday-Friday: 7:30am-5:00pm
Saturday-Sunday: 9:00 am–5:00 pm
 
Ahhh that pink bike is totally my style!!! It comes with a heavy price tag though: 900$! 

LOVE THIS PICTURE! Miss Adri is such a compliant model too Y^___^Y

There are lotsa photogenic places in Adrienne's neighbourhood and the best thing is: there aren't a lot of people around so we don't get stared at... or worst: they come and ask if we want a picture together!

The blue color of her coat is absolutely gorgeous! Blue is my favourite color and I just wanted to run away with her jacket! 

For outfit details, visit her blog!

Jacket/Top/Tights: Japan
Skirt: Zipia
Shoes: Zara
Bag: G-market

It was actually pretty cold and windy that day D; I'm feeling a bit uninspired lately so I stuck with simple clothes.

I absolutely LOOOVE my tights! I got them in Japan for ~13$ and they are of the sturdiest quality EVER! I can pull and tear in every direction and they won't rip! : D The department store where I got them from had a sale on their tights and they had so many pretty patterns! Should've bought more!

 
Why take the long way when you can short-cut it? BWUAHA! 

 
Right next to Westmount Library is a pretty greenhouse (plus it's freeee!) 
If you're ever in the area, it is a nice relaxing place to read a book : - )  

 
This is how bloggers take pictures : P

I watched "The Great Gatsby" lately and I LOVED IT! I was staring in awe at the gorgeous visuals *cough*Leo*cough*! It has horrible ratings but I really enjoyed because the entire movie was a total feast to my eyes! I love Carey Mulligan ever since I saw her in the movie "Never Let Me Go" and she looks glowingly beautiful in this movie : 3333 

Some people scoff at the movie for being visually dazzling but lacking substance, however I think that is the whole essence of the movie/novel. Just like Gatsby, behind the grandiose facade hides an empty man obsessed with an ideal. I liked the movie so much that I decided to read the e-book during weekend :-) 


4 comments:

  1. Great Gatsby, I'm still thinking about if I should go watch it or not! I also love your description of the movie in relation to the novel =D

    Hahaha I think it's so ironic and interesting that the new label "hipster" is so...well..ironic? That it's a label in itself anyways I don't know what I'm talking about now lol

    I really love your outfit and think it's really well balanced, especially loving your bag, gosh I need to get myself on gmarket or taobao etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA as more time passes by, the more the movie/book makes me think and I wanna watch it again X-D Even buy the DVD!

      Yes definitely, the label hipster takes the whole meaning outta it X-D

      Delete
  2. Your tights are adorable! So is the rest of your outfit :D

    ReplyDelete