Stay Gold


Two weeks ago, Adrienne asked me to tag along on a photo shoot during the golden hour. I excitedly agreed because I wanted to practice for a wedding gig this upcoming August.  Roselyne and Brandon were very shy at the beginning but as the scorching sun began to set, so did their reserve. 

Between the awkward giggles and nervous poses, we managed to capture a handful of quirky moments. This shoot made me realize how hard it is to set the mood for a couple. Sure, I can ask them to hold certain poses but if the couple is uneasy, it will show through the pictures.  Photography is not just about composing beautiful photos, it's about shining your subject in the best light (golden light ;-D). How do you make someone comfortable enough to express themselves openly? I still don't have the answers and I realize that this is a crucial challenge that I will have to surmount with time and experience. 


No comments:

Post a Comment