A Friend Until the End


Now that the summer heat has finally returned to Montreal, you can't NOT participate in an after work 5 à 7. My idea of grabbing a drink involves an iced latte (with soymilk please) or iced tea, sipping in a pretty cafe with air conditioner and that's exactly what Les Intraitables cafe delivered on a hot Thursday evening. Les Intraitables cafe opened a month ago and their signature green wall with the frames is already making waves on Instagram. I was surprised that it wasn't more occupied since it sits on a prime corner in the Old Port but I admit the construction cones blocking the street have made it harder to spot this place unless you were looking for it. The cafe is bright and there is plenty of seating both downstairs and upstairs to accommodate tourists and locals-alike. I love how the natural light poured into the cafe as if they were a stream of eager customers lining up to try the marshmallow brownies on display. When the light is this good, I can't contain my excitement! Poor Niv had to wait a good 15 minutes for me to take all my photos and get back down to earth.  
It felt really nice to decompress and confide in a trusted friend after a long week of work. I enjoy spending time with Niv because she supports my crazy dreams yet she's not afraid to tell me when I get out of line without any judgment or imposition. That's what a true friend is about :)

No comments:

Post a Comment