The Show Must Go On


It's been 4 months since I last blogged and boy have things flipped upside down in this short period of time. For those of you who enjoyed catching a glimpse of Frog here and there, sadly to announce but he's hopped off the panda network. I left our apartment with a broken heart, moved back in with my parents and I'm trying to move on, one day at a time.  Therefore, the regular programming will just feature panda, food and her friends.

Since today is a cold and rainy November day, I wanted to bring some greenery to this blog's landscape. This summer I visited the botanical gardens with Adri and we got to witness the inspiring Stickwork by Patrick Dougherty.  "Have elves sprung up during the night to weave their shelters?" I wonder. When you walk through the twig sculptures, it feels as if you are stepping right into a folk tale. Patrick has made over hundreds of these sculptures all around the world in the past 25 years and we were lucky to catch this display because it only lasted for a short time. Maybe the transient nature of this artwork is what makes it so beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment